Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
Common reasons why adults & teens consider orthodontic treatment:
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Treatment options for adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Types of braces we offer include:
- Clear Invisalign aligners
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult & teen orthodontics please contact our practice here to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure office visit area as few and convenient as possible.
Looking to improve your smile?
Get a free digital consultation from Westermeier Martin here
At Westermeier Martin Dental Care, we offer the latest techniques and technologies in adult and teen orthodontics. We can perform rapid orthodontic correction using the ever popular Invisalign, and get even faster results for most of our patients with OrthoPulse. OrthoPulse is a tested and proven technology that can cut orthodontic treatment time in HALF- a big boon to our busy schedules! OrthoPulse is now available at Westermeier Martin Dental Care, learn about it more here
Invisalign uses clear aligner trays to slowly move teeth into more desired positions. Teeth shift and realign in the same time frame as traditional orthodontics, but is done so with clear removable devices patients can take in and out for cleaning, eating and drinking. Treatment times vary, depending on the severity of the case.
When you schedule a free consultation with Westermeier Martin Dental Care, you’ll learn more about the different treatment programs available for patients like you who want to transform and realign their smiles into a more beautiful presentation. Call today to schedule your no obligation appointment and find out how you can receive a tremendous esthetic boost from non-traditional orthodontic treatments. Don’t have time to come into the office for a consultation? We now offer, free, easy virtual consultations. Find out more by clicking here.